Foundation / Corporation
International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
Award of up to $1,000 to a USA, Canada, or International individual to recognize outstanding commitment to promoting the use of technology in education. The selected recipient will have demonstrated policy advocacy at the international, regional, state, or local level. Nominations are encouraged for those who are passionate about educational technology in many facets, has shared that passion with others, and has successfully advocated for educational technology.
Award judges will use the following selection criteria:
- The application has worked to expand advocacy* efforts by inspiring and facilitating a shared vision and engaged communities around the use of digital-age resources to support effective instruction.
*Advocacy: An attempt to influence public policy and/or resource allocation
- The applicant has increased awareness about educational technology advocacy by networking with other professional organizations.
- The applicant's efforts have been directed at impacting public policy** outcomes regarding digital learning. **Public Policy: A system of actions taken by a government entity or its representatives that develop regulatory measures, laws and funding priorities on a given topic
- The applicant has worked with the media to inform the public about educational technology issues.
- The applicant has demonstrated a strong commitment to increasing visibility and awareness on the importance of educational technology issues and funding such as national, regional, and local policies, and adequate support for technology infrastructure, personnel, digital resources, and staff development.
- The applicant has taken action and demonstrated leadership in the knowledge, skills and attitudes identified in the ISTE Standards for Teachers (5) or Administrators (4).
- The applicant has participated in ISTE’s advocacy opportunities and/or his or her state affiliate advocacy opportunities.
- The applicant's work reflects ISTE’s mission to empower learners to flourish in a connected world by cultivating a passionate learning community; linking educators and partners; leveraging knowledge and expertise; advocating for strategic policies; and continually improving learning and teaching.
The award winner will receive:
-Recognition at the ISTE Conference & Expo
-Complimentary registration to the ISTE Conference & Expo
-Up to $1,000 for travel expenses to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo
-A one-year ISTE membership
-An engraved plaque recognizing the recipient's outstanding achievement
-Recognition in ISTE publications, in press releases provided to local media, and on iste.org
GrantWatch ID#: 178181
The awardee will receive up to $1,000 for travel expenses to attend the ISTE Conference & Expo.
Individuals are eligible.
Award applications are open Friday, December 1, 2017, to Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Application requirements and judging criteria: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominationCriteria?awardtypeid=3
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply for an Award: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/awardContact?awardtypeid=3
Nominate a Colleague: https://www.iste.org/membership/awards/nominatecolleague?awardtypeid=3
1530 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 730
Arlington, VA 22209
800.336.5191 (U.S. & Canada)
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: The Federated States of Micronesia (USA) Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.