Foundation / Corporation
James Marston Fitch Charitable Foundation
10/25/17 11:00 PM EST
Grants of up to $15,000 to USA individuals for research and preservation-related projects. Grantees must be mid-career professionals with experience in one or more of the following areas: architecture, historic preservation, urban design, architectural history, landscape architecture, environmental planning, and the decorative arts.
Proposals may be for the research and/or the execution of the preservation-related projects in any of the above fields.
Projects will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The project will make a meaningful contribution to the academic and/or professional field of historic preservation in the United States
- The applicant has a realistic plan for the dissemination of research and/or final work product
- The project has a clear and realistic goals, timeframe, work plan, and budget
- The project demonstrates innovative thinking, original research and creative problem solving and/or design
GrantWatch ID#: 160429
Grants of up to $15,000 will be awarded.
Projects must be completed within twelve months of the grant award.
- Grants are awarded only to individuals, not organizations.
- Applicants must be mid-career professionals with at least ten years experience in historic preservation or related fields, including architecture, landscape architecture, architectural conservation, urban design, environmental planning, archaeology, architectural history, and the decorative arts.
- Applicants must be legal residents or citizens of the United States.
The Foundation does not fund university-sponsored research projects or dissertation research.
Applications for 2018 funding are now being accepted. Applications must be submitted by October 25, 2017, 11:00 PM EST. Applications must be submitted electronically, in PDF format.
Recipients will be notified by e-mail in the Spring of 2018.
Typically, grant awards are divided into equal payments, the first being presented upon the award of the grant. Substantial written progress reports are required for all subsequent payments. The final payment is awarded only upon completion of the project.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://jmfcf.submittable.com/submit/92269/james-marston-fitch-mid-career-fellowship-2018
Cristiana Peña, Executive Director
c/o Neighborhood Preservation Center
232 East 11th Street
New York, NY 10003
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming